Sophos SSL VPN – Save Password
Sophos SSL VPN is a VPN software that establishes a highly encrypted and secure tunnel for remote workers to connect to. The end-to-end encrypted tunnel requires both an SSL Certificate and a username and password combination for authentication and to create a secure connection.
Sophos SSL VPN Client does not allow to save the username and password credentials by default. However, there is a workaround to save the username and password.
How to Save Password in a Sophos SSL VPN Client
- Create a text file with username in one line and password in the next line
- Save the file name as Password.txt
- Save it to the path location “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sophos\Sophos SSL VPN Client\config”
- Run Notepad with Administrative Privileges
- Open the configuration file in the above location. Scroll down to the line “auth-user-pass” and update that to:
That’s it! You should now be able to just double click the Sophos SSL VPN Client icon and it will log in automatically without you having to enter the credentials.
However, we would like to bring to your notice that we do not endorse this. because if your systems’ security gets compromised for eg: A hack, then it could fall into the wrong hands.
We keep uploading new blogs every week on our website- keep an eye out for those.
Lastly, if you need help with more such IT Solutions, feel free to reach out to us. We’ll be happy to resolve your queries.